L.O. Alimi attended the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Osun State, Nigeria where he obtained an LL.B Hons in 1994. He thereafter proceeded to the University of Lagos, Akoka also in Nigeria, where he obtained an LL.M in 1997.
Mr. Alimi was admitted to the Nigerian Bar in 1995 and is an active member of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) as well as International Bar Association (IBA).
He is a Senior Lecturer with the Council of Legal Education, Nigerian Law School, the institution charged with the statutory responsibility of training persons aspiring to be called to the Nigerian Bar. He teaches Civil Litigation including Evidence as well as Professional Skills and Ethics.
Mr. Alimi has considerable experience in general civil and commercial litigation. In his capacity as counsel for several companies and individual clients based in Nigeria and overseas, he has acted in high profile commercial and civil litigations arising from disputes in different areas of Nigerian economy. He has also rendered advisory services on diffrent areas of local and international subject matters.
As a partner in WhiteHouse Chambers, his vast experience and knowledge of the practice areas he manages is immeasurable.
- Araka vs. Egbue, in Landmark Cases in Nigerian Law, Melange in honour of Honourable Justice M.L. Uwais (CJN), Taiwo Fakoyede Ed. (Lagos: TFC Publications, 2006) p.361.
- “Streamlining Registry Procedure at the Appellate Level”, being a paper presented at a training workshop for Registrars titled "Court Registrars and the Administration of Justice in Nigeria" organised by the Court of Appeal at the Nigerian Institute of Management, Victoria Island, Lagos State, 12th � 14th September, 2005.
- “An Overview of the 2004 Abuja and Lagos Civil Procedure Rules ”, being the text of a paper presented at the Academic Meeting, Lagos Campus, Nigerian Law School, 12th October, 2005.
- “Judgement of National Industrial Court ”, being the text of a paper delivered at the Training Workshop For National Industrial Court, Lagos, November, 2006 & July 2009 and Abuja, July 2007 & 2009.
- “Enforcement of Judgement of National Industrial Court ”, being the text of a paper delivered at the Training Workshop For National Industrial Court, Lagos, November, 2006 & July 2009 and Abuja, July 2007 & 2009.
- 'Anton Piller Procedure and its Compatibility with Established Legal Principles in Nigeria', Ilorin Bar Journal, Vol. 1 No. 2, P.133, August, 2002.
- 'Public Documents as Evidence in Nigeria', Modern Practice Journal of Finance and Investment Law, Vol.7 No. 1-2, p.133, January/April 2003.
- 'Admissibility of Originals of Public Documents in Nigeria', Journal of Law and Social Sciences, Vol.3 No.1 p.68, April 2003.
- 'The Effect of Appointment of a Receiver/Manager on the Corporate Powers of a Company Under the Nigerian Companies Act', in The Challenges of Nigeria Commercial Law, Essays In Honour of Justice Umaru Addullahi (Lagos, Treasure Hall Consult, 2005) p.37.
- 'Continuing Debate: Of Forms of Government, the Best Model for Africa', being a paper jointly presented with Miss Yinka Fashakin at the Law Teachers' Conference, Nigerian Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, Lagos, 2004. (Now at page 91 of the Proceedings of the 40th Annual Conference of the Nigerian Association of Law Teachers)
- 'Appellate Practice and Procedure in Nigeria', in The Challenges of Nigeria Commercial Law, Essays In Honour of Justice Umaru Addullahi (Lagos, Treasure Hall Consult, 2005) p166.
- 'Proving the Contents of Newspapers and Journals in Judicial Proceedings in Nigeria', in Kogi Readings In Law, Andrew Borokini Ed. (Akure: Stebak Books & Publishers, 2006) p. 26.
- 'Administrative Justice Within the Framework of the 1999 Constitution', in Trends In Nigerian Law: Essays in Honour of Oba D.V.F. Olateru Olagbegi III, Olubayo Oluduro et al ed. (Ibadan, Constelltion Nig Ltd, 2007) p. 233.
- Leases, Tenancies and Recovery of Premises in Nigeria, co-authored with Yinka Fashakin-Odukoya, (Lagos, Yinkol Publishers, 2009).
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Nigerian Bar Association (Member)
- International Bar Association (Member)
BACK TO WHC TEAM